And my final Blog Award is
which is a new one for me! It was originally created by Okoto Enigma
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
This one was “awarded” to me by Emily Guiton-Lange, at Never Idly Dreaming, who wrote a lovely comment: Hello! I enjoyed your review, especially since I would like to start including more book reviews on my own blog. Since I enjoy your content and blogging style, I decided to nominate you for the Mystery Blogger Award! I would be thrilled if you would accept. 🙂 If not, this is simply my way of saying your blog is great.
Emily’s blog was new to me, and is an eclectic mix of writing, crafting and general comment. I particularly love her Zentangling posts – a very different style to my zentangling, but I really like it! So, thank you for nominating me, Emily!
Of course, there are “rules” to accepting the award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog. (check!)
- List the rules. (check!)
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (check!)
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (check!)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself. (see below)
- Answer the questions you were asked. (see below)
- You have to nominate 10 people. (see below)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog. (see below)
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (see below)
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- I had a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel for lunch.
- Mr FD bought me some new ear-phones yesterday, because Jasper chewed through the right-ear wire on my old ones, so I was listening in mono. The new ones are very smart, with a neat little pouch for them, but I’m already getting my wires tangled up! My old ones had a neat little doomy-wang to wrap them around.
- I have been married to Mr FD longer than I haven’t been married to him. We got married in 1985 – 32 years ago – and we were both 25. We are both now older than 50.
Answer the questions you were asked
- If you could learn a new language instantly, what would you choose and why? French!!!! Because I live in France, and, although I get by, I miss the nuances, and can’t express myself particularly well.
- What book(s) do you reread over and over? Quite a lot…Mr FD claims I only read 1 word in 3, so I read a diufferent story each time! Not true, but I do read a lot, so will often forget which books I’ve read.
- What’s your favorite comfort food? I’m not sure I have one. I like trying out new recipes, but do return to old favourites as well. Chilli con carne with garlic bread, and lots of extras on top (avocado, grated cheese, salsa, chopped onion) is a meal that’s hard to beat!
- Do you plan your blog posts in advance, or write them as the ideas come? I rarely plan in advance (for anything!) Sometimes, if the mood is on me, I may write a couple of posts (in fact both this, and “Awards Ceremony II, were written on the same day as Awards Ceremony I – I think today I have just wanted to sit at the computer and write!) but usually I just write when I think I have something to write about. Sometimes I will want to blog, but have nothing much to say – those days are more difficult.
- If you could have any mythical creature as a companion, which would you choose? Hmm, that’s a tricky one, as I’m not well versed in mythical creatures. I like the idea of Hedwig, in the HP books, because I like owls, but I don’t know what skills Hedwig brought to the party. A talking cat? But then, cats being cats, it wouldn’t say anything to me, because Well, why should it? A unicorn? A bit big – and I’m sure the horn would get in the way!
You have to nominate 10 people. Oh, no…I’m afraid not! With all the other awards, and the fact many people don’t like these things, I’m not going to name anyone.However, if you read this, and want to try answering the questions, then consider yourself nominated, and follow the “rules” (unless you’re a rebel, that is!)
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog. Consider yourself notified!
Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question: It’s hard to come up with questions that are original and I may have already asked you these, but still:
- Is there a play, or stage musical, that had a profound effect on you (or that you just really enjoyed)
- What was the last (or recent) piece of music that you listened to?
- Is there a piece of advice that someone gave you that has really meant something in your life?
- Who was the last person you received &/or sent a proper letter or card to (rather than an e-mail or e-card)?
- Who is your celebrity crush? (The weirder the better.)
So there we are!
Three Blogging Awards. Thank you to everyone who gave them to me. I appreciate that you take the time to read my blog and to think enough of it to nominate me.