Regular readers may remember that back in January I gave myself a list of 10 things to do before my 60th birthday in October.
Picture me looking shame faced…
Here is the list and my progress so far:
- To “purposefully” walk 60 km a month
- Organise some kind of art show
- Invite French friends for an English afternoon tea
- Visit a Llama farm
- Read my French novel
- Treat myself to a massage
- Spend one night in a Shepherd’s hut/ yurt/ tree house
- Go to an open air concert
- Write a will
- Take my two best friends here in France out for a cocktail or two
- This came to a juddering halt somewhere mid-February. I have just started trying to do a Leslie Sansome mile-a-day but I’m not sure how long it will continue.
- The logistics of this defeat me. No idea what to do about it.
- One of my French friends has holed herself up after her husband’s death and isn’t going out. I’ve not got that many French friends, now I think about it… I WILL try to get this sorted, maybe for Odette and her daughter Céline..
- I’ve just begun to explore this again. I’ll ask Friend Cathy if she’s up for it.
- Yeah, right…
- This one isn’t actually too hard! I have picked up a card for a place not too far away. I just need to make some effort to book myself in…
- There’s a place not far away, which we’re thinking we might book for the Saturday night of the village fete (always a nightmare)
- I should have got my act together better – nuits de Fourvieres is nearly over. AND there were bands I’d’ve liked to have seen. Sigh. Not sure if I’ll manage this one…but I am going to a concert (indoors) just after my birthday!
- I know I should get on and do it…no excuses (or rather WE should get on and do it!)
- This keeps being put off. I can’t think why, it’s not that we’re not up for it!
I’d better go and do my ironing…