Good morning, dear ones.
I mentioned a few posts ago about how we were going to start eating more healthily, after the last few (few?! There’s still three-and-a-half boxes of chocolates!) Festive Feasting leftovers were gone. But I then thought, well, why not start now? We can still eat the chocolates, little by little, but we might as well start trying to be healthier.
So with that in mind, I have drawn up a plan. From tomorrow, breakfasts will be:
|2 toast peanut butter+ apple|
The “Oatmeal supreme” is this recipe:
- 1 apple peeled and diced
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup soymilk or skim milk
- oatmeal plain (no salt, sugar, or other ingredientes added) Following package directions, measure out enough dry oatmeal to make 2-1/2 cups cooked
- Pour into a medium-sized nonstick skillet all ingredients except milk and oatmeal. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook oatmeal.
- Add caramelized fruit mixture and milk to cooked oatmeal, stirring until combined. Serve hot.
Sounds quite yummy. Let’s hope it is!
Lunches are also changing, so that we aren’t eating so much cheese and processed meat. The plans are:
|Roast veggies/feta wrap|
|Soup + mushrooms on toast|
|Roast veggies/feta wrap|
|Salmon & slaw salad|
|Eggs on toast|
|Chicken pesto wrap+soup|
Some of these things are leftovers from the night before’s dinner (Salmon & slaw salad for example) & other things are from recipes on t’internet.
Finally, our dinners are:
|Orange & tomato chicken||couscous, green beans|
|Ultimate Moussaka||spinach/orange salad|
|Salmon with hoisin sauce||rice/ slaw|
|Veggified spaghetti||green beans salad with garlic|
|Cumin rubbed chicken||tomato salad|
|Vegetable lasagne||green salad + chickpeas|
|Pasta & prawns||cucumber salad|
If you’re interested in any of the recipes, you can probably just google the title to find it, but you can also leave me a comment & I’ll let you know the link/recipe
You can see that I’ve planned sides of vegetables/salad too. The reasons are twofold – to help fill us up, but also to get more vegetables into us. My fruit will mostly be eaten at breakfast – a half/half water-juice combo, plus the fruit with the porridge.
We’ve also agreed to no more biscuit buying – if they’re in the house, we’ll eat them. Each weekend I (or Mr FD) will make a healthy cake/ batch of flapjack. Once they’re gone, they’re gone (and we’ll have to eat the three-and-a-half boxes of chocolates instead!!
I am a tad annoyed as I spent yesterday afternoon completing the plan for Week 3 – but forgot to save it! Bummer! Never mind, it will give me something to do in a bit.
No, you didn’t. They’re off the shopping list too!
|we have a table|
|that I put in the wrong place|
|and now I can’t delete it.|
|What it is to be|