Unsure about what to blog about I resorted to some questions that were on someone else’s blog. I’m not sure how interesting you may find them though…They’re all fairly standard fare.
1. What is your middle name?: Sarah. I quite like it, but I’m not totally wild about my whole name. I remember saying as much to my sister, who said “What would you change it to?” and I couldn’t think of anything I preferred!!
2. What was favourite subject at school?: English, no question! Especially English Language, which was an option up to O-Level. I enjoyed Religious Studies too, which I did because I wanted to, unlike most of the class who did it because they weren’t “allowed” to do Latin.
3. What is your favourite drink?: Wine! I really enjoy a glass of wine. I don’t know much about it, and generally choose wines by the label (If it’s pretty I buy it!) but I like a glass of the red stuff. Or the white…
I’d be quite tempted by any of these…
4. What is your favourite song at the moment?: I don’t have one. I’ve been listening to quite a lot of Richard Hawley at the moment though, but I wouldn’t say it was a favourite.
5. What is your favourite food?: Again, I don’t really have one, but if its on a menu I will usually choose duck. Having read Lovely Grey writing about cassoulet recently, I may be including that in my week’s menus sometime soon!
6. What is the last thing you bought?: (that wasn’t food) A black skirt that I’m going to take back as it doesn’t suit. It’s A-line, but I think I want something more fitted. It was in the sales but it still wasn’t that cheap!
7. Favourite book of all time?: Absolutely no way I could choose! Partly because I’ve probably forgotten it! This year I’ve decided to note down all the books I read. I am actually reading less at the moment – I think I read more in the summer when I have lunch on the balcony. Mr FD likes watching TV while he has lunch, and I can’t read while the TV is on. So if I’m outside I can read without being disturbed by the TV! I also read if I’m having lunch in a company where I’m teaching, but I’m not doing that at the moment.
8. Favourite Colour?: A nice blue – the sort that you see on shutters….
9. Do you have any pets?: I have 4 cats, which I suspect you will know if you spend any time around this blog…
10. Favourite Movie?: Not sure, but I’d probably plump for either The Shawshank Redemption or Truly, Madly, Deeply.
Alan Rickman in “Truly, Madly, Deeply” Ah, that nose! Those hands! That voice!!!
11. How tall are you?: Just under 6 foot. Everyone in my family is quite tall, thanks to my dad measuring in at 6’2″ and mum at 5’8″. My brother is the tallest though at about 6′ 5″!
12. Can you cook? Yes, I can. I prefer cooking for friends than everyday cooking…I do get a bit stressed if things don’t go right though, and I’m not very good at tasting and working out what is lacking. My presentation leaves much to be desired!
13. Can you bake? Yes, but simple things. I’ve never had success with bread, and fancy cakes and desserts never seem worth the hassle. But loaf cakes, chocolate banana cake and other straightforward cakes I can do! I’d never make it on Bake-Off
14. Can you knit or crochet? Knitting I can do – just purl and knit though. I get lost following fancy patterns and my one time knitting a pullover for myself was a disaster! I would like to crochet but I didn’t have much success when I tried to learn a couple of years back. I ended up with a tiny yamulka rather than a flat granny square!
Pooh-Bear models the tiny yamulke
15. What skill would you like to have that you don’t have? Many! Whatever people I know can do I wish I could do it… Paint, sing, write…I don’t feel at call talented at anything and wish I was!!